Me and my Pea

Me and my Pea

Saturday, August 2, 2008

Love makes you..........



I just put the babe down for a nap -
before I forced this nap on her,

she wanted to squeeze a banana but not eat it,

Tried to put a new shirt on but couldnt do it alone, and of course refused help.

Completely trashed the house I cleaned, organized, and vaccummed not even 24 hours ago.

Hit her dad, and rolled her eyes a new thing she recently mastered.
I am apart of a Moms group - 13 of us total - all of our children were due
(or came) in the month of August.
Several of us are first time moms, but we are blessed to have a few Moms who have gone before us.
These ladies have the patience of Job - I am better parent
because of them, and I love that we share the daily dealings with
our kids and lives together.
So back to nap time - I kept my cool put MacNcheese in her
crib that she almost climbed out of, she was almost hysterical....
....I scooped her up and rocked her for a minute.
Love makes you be patient, talk softer, repeat yourself
8 times, choose not to do it yourself - yes it would be
faster but she takes pride in being a helper.

Love makes you, want more then you had for your kids -
and makes you make the right choices to do so. It makes
you be consistent when you are exhausted and makes you
read the same book 2o times IN A ROW.

Love and desire to live a legacy are way bigger then pride,
and can overcome anything!






No comments: