Me and my Pea

Me and my Pea

Friday, August 1, 2008

Didn't I just have a new born?



Where did 2 years go? I can remember how hot August 2006 - and seriously not to take away from any pregnant women but August 2008 is not hot like 2006 was.
Life was so different, Jeff and I were just a couple. We could come and go, not cook and eat out for days if not weeks on end. Vacation where we wanted. OMG lets talk about sleep - I guess suffice it to say we could sleep - baawahaaaa - but we both could certainly sleep in without having to schedule it. We never had to have breakfast at home - we could buy it on the fly or just settle for a latte - and Sunday mornings where there's a million details we could skip all together and just get to chuch.

Mackenzie Grace - changed our lives as we knew it. And boy are we the better for it! After 29 hours of waiting she came out via C-Section. After her first 24 hours a nurse noticed her breathing was labored. She was in the NICU for a little over a week with a random infection that effected her breathing.


What a scary time. We made it home it took us a while to find our rhythm. Sometimes even longing for our old life that was carefree and easy. Having a family changed us, and me. I thought most of my selfishness vanished the first year of marriage - WRONG.
Parenting (if you are doing it right Ill add) is selfless, constantly giving more then you thought you would or could. Its our chance to leave the world better.
So we enter the month that my daughter is turning 2, I can hardly believe! She is so fun. One of my favorite things she does right now is shushing Jeff or me if we sing or talk to loud she will let us know by puting her index finger on her lips and saying SHHHHHHHH. She can repeat most words and is getting good at please and thank you. She is cautious when in a new area like a party for instance, she carefully checks everyone out then decides when she is ready to participate.
She is the best, funny, sweet and loves to laugh. She is proudly saying I am two while holding up 3 fingers. So much fun and so much work all rolled up into one. Amazing what a little love can do. Again I'll say, "Look what the Lord has Dunn!"
Here pictures for her 2nd birthday












Thanks Mac, I hope we make you as happy as you make us!





No comments: