Me and my Pea

Me and my Pea

Friday, October 31, 2008

Our Little Dancer


October 24, 2008 was Mackenzie's first dance class. Actually its her first anything really, outside of Sunday School she hasnt been enrolled in anything.
I told her that she was going to a dance class and she said the word dance a million times.
We got there early so she could see the 3 & 4 year olds dance and she kept saying my turn my turn, and when that didnt get me to move she said Sensi's (thats her version of Kenzi) turn.
When it was her turn, I told her to listen to her teacher, Miss Ericka, and have fun. She is doing this thing that I love, when she's told what to do she looks at you and says Ohhhhhh Kayyyyy, really sweetly, I got one of those OK's.
This is her walking into to class all by herself like a big girl. I never thought Iwould be that crying Mom but right after this pic she looked back just a bit unsure, then kept walking - I cried this was the first time she needed to walk alone.
Mackenzie is like her Momma and is an over toucher, once she loves you or when she is trying to love you she will touch you, your leg, face whereever -.
She sat right down next to Miss Ericka and started rubbing her leg.
Parents can seat in the class so I settled into the back of the class. I am always proud of Mackenzie, she is fun and friendly and generally well behaved.
But this day I was really proud of her. She was such a great listener, and she was clearly enjoying herself. She tried every move the teacher threw out, she even cleared the floor with her jumps - her and Daddy have been working on jumping he he!

She was my little Flash Dance girl, leg warmers and all. I'm not sure that dancing is her thing, I know her Dad has hopes that she will be a track star like he was - but I am proud of her.
At 2 years old, she was braver then I was at 12 - I dont know that I would walk into a room knowing no one. And she tried with all her heart to move and dance to the best of her ability.
This was so much more then just a dance class - this was a glimpse into her character. She is funny, and smart and has heart.
Whether you become a prima ballerina, a track star or stumble upon her own dreams and talent, my wish for you is that you walked into everything so bravely - I love you Kenz!

No comments: